Cobham Explorer 323 Ultra-compact comms-on-the-move terminal
EXPLORER 323 is an ultra compact BGAN terminal for voice and data communication on-the-move, a perfect match for our Cobham PRISM PTT+ solution.
The one-piece system consists of a combined transceiver and switched beam antenna with integrated wifi.
Whether you’re engaged in humanitarian operations, cargo or rail transportation, telemedicine or emergency services, you need easy deployable communication equipment you can always rely on – regardless of time or place.
BGAN offers mobile broadband connectivity wherever you go at fixed pricing with no roaming fees. With the EXPLORER 323 you know your cost of communication regardless of the number of borders you cross.
Ultra-compact and integrated
At 32 cm in diameter and less than 10 cm high, the EXPLORER 323 is the smallest BGAN on-the-move terminal to date. The system a combines a satellite antenna with no moving parts and an integrated modem with WIFI connectivity.
The compact robust design and low price-point of opens up new applications for on-the-move communication, including trains and trucks.
With EXPLORER 323 BGAN terminal you are able to do voice and data communication even when your vehicle is moving. The terminal enables data speeds up to 270kbps standard IP operation down to 5° elevation on the Inmarsat BGAN network. You are able to get the job done even in remote areas with no or limited cellular coverage.
Easy to deploy
EXPLORER 323 is easy to deploy – just place the antenna on the roof of your vehicle, connect your PC or smart device to the EXPLORER 323 wireless network and you are ready to communicate.
You can virtually be in your office in no time at all. Access VPN, catch up on email, browse the web; with fixed BGAN pricing and no roaming fees when you cross borders.
Inmarsat BGAN and BGAN M2M
As a vehicular terminal, EXPLORER 323 is the first BGAN terminal to obtain both Inmarsat Class 12 Type Approval and BGAN M2M Certification, enabling it to operate with traditional BGAN and BGAN M2M SIM cards.
- Color: White
- Hybrid cable for 12/24V DC power and Ethernet (6m / 19.7ft)
- Installation guide
- Global Services: Voice: 4 kbps AMBE+2
- Standard IP (Rx/Tx): Up to 384 / 225 kbps (>20° elevation) Up to 270 / 158 kbps (>5° elevation) – Streaming IP: 32, 64 kbps (>20° elevation)
32 kbps (>5° elevation) – SMS: 160 characters
- Languages: UK, FR, DE, ES, RU, JP, CN, PT
- Approvals: CE, GMPCS, FCC, IC, RCM – Inmarsat Class 12 and – Inmarsat M2M
- Type Approval
- Inmarsat frequencies: 1518.0 – 1525.0 MHz (Rx) (EMEA) – 1525.0 – 1559.0 MHz (Rx) – 1626.5 – 1660.5 MHz (Tx) – 1668.0 – 1675.0 MHz (Tx) (EMEA)
- User Interface: Status LED – Web interface – Factory default reset
- DC input range (nom.): 12 – 24VDC
- Power (max) @10.5-32V.: 35W