The reliable and lightweight Hughes 9202M Land Portable Terminal boasts a compact and sleek design. A budget-friendly and highly attractive class 2 portable terminal, the Hughes 9202M is ideal for governments and NGOs, first responders, public safety and mobile health care workers, and remote personnel in industries such as utility, oil and gas, forestry, cable, and telecommunications.
The Hughes 9202M operates over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) satellite service and provides high-performance connectivity and reliability for the most demanding users and extreme conditions.
Using the world’s smallest class 2 BGAN terminal, users can connect at IP broadband speeds up to 464kbps, as well as take advantage of such features as built-in multi-user Wi-Fi access, external tracking antenna, automatic context activation (ACA), including the ability to transmit SMS messages via the integrated user interface (IUI) without a connected laptop, smart phone, or other user device.
The Hughes 9202M enables the user to send and receive IP traffic via Ethernet and Wi-Fi. In parallel with the packet data service, the Hughes 9202M supports circuit switched voice and fax calls via a two-line RJ11 plug.
Corporate disaster planners and remote field personnel can collaborate with confidence and efficiency with various agencies and headquarters staff using video, voice, and data simultaneously. As with all Hughes BGAN models, the Hughes 9202M is IP-based, delivering selectable, dedicated Quality of Service (QoS) levels.
A Portable One-Button WiFi Hotspot
This performance BGAN terminal became an industry favorite for these reasons:
- Very compact 8.5″ x 8.5″ with Wi-Fi for any in-range device.
- Very fast speeds of 464 Kbps (94.5% as fast as the fastest BGAN).
- Easy to point, no laptop required. Can be operated by anyone.
- One-Button Internet connection. Be online in a few seconds.
- Works with any standard phone. SMS texting, iPhone friendly.
- Rugged construction, all weather, & sleek appearance.
- Long battery life. Will operate 36 hours in idle mode.